In the same talk as the one I discussed in the previous post, Abdu’l-Baha gives a list of benefits that come out of meditation. The benefits are so powerful and comprehensive that they could sustain and render successful any undertaking that a person commits to. All that a person needs to do is draw on these powers using the meditation faculty. No question: anyone who has been given the grace of recognising Baha’u’llah has at their fingertips whatever they need to fulfill their dreams. We may be small, but we can link to the infinite.
The benefits of meditation include:
- being informed of truths that have never been disclosed before
- receiving divine inspiration
- unlocking mysteries
- intuiting the secrets of reality
- becoming free from the lower self
- conversing with God
- bringing sciences and arts out of the invisible realm
- developing inventions
- carrying out huge projects
- managing enterprises and societies smoothly
- entering the Kingdom of God.
Source: Paris Talks, 1979 edition, pages 96-97; Prayer, Meditation and the Devotional Live, in Compilation of Compilations, vol 2, no 1752, p234.